A random mental walk.

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Sweet Old World/Emmylou Harris

She said, "I've got the lyrics from one of your damn whiny woman singers stuck in my head:

Together with another one
Didn't you think anyone loved you?
See what you lost when you left this world.

"It's Lucinda William's song, 'Sweet Old World' sung by Emmylou Harris on her 'Wrecking Ball' album." I said. (I didn't add that Emmylou doesn't qualify as one of the whiny woman singers whose voices twist my heart, but that's another story or that I was surprised that I could identify the lyrics provenance like the old days. In the old days I might have been able to supply the track listing.)

This post is to document the fact that my memory sometimes works and gives me a chance to say that Emmylou Harris deserves her accolades and respect.


No comments:

Blog Archive