A random mental walk.

Sunday, September 02, 2012

Beautiful Days

This sat as a draft for 5 months.

The days are lyrically nice.  It's early spring, girls are in their summer dresses (more on this in a second), and the weather is delightful warm, sunny with a slight breeze.  The fair skinned are slathering themselves with sun block.  Those in pursuit of a tan are well on their way.  The only fly in the ointment is civilization's implosion in the aftermath of the upcoming environmental collapse - nothing new here.

Girls in their summer dresses: many years ago I found myself staring at a young woman in my chem lab section.  I could not tear my eyes away from her.  It was embarrassing.  I'd been teaching the section for about 10 weeks, but on that spring morning I was staring at her.  Why?  After a few minutes the realization hit me and I started laughed out loud:  She was the first female student I'd seen in a dress in seven months.  For at least 8 months every female student had worn slacks or jeans.

No comments:

Blog Archive