A random mental walk.

Saturday, May 08, 2021

Nicolette Larson: All Dressed Up and Nowhere to Go

 Years ago I bought a cheap cassette with a depressing image with no idea of who the singer was.

I had bought the tape afor 88¢ at The Wiz.  The cover showed a sad looking girl in a shower clutching a towel to her body, her hair still wet.  I had no idea what the album was about, but from the image I suspected it would be a a litany of sad songs from a woman who'd been wronged by men.

Boy was I wrong.  I just loved the songs!  Most were upbeat and they gave me the energy I needed to keep at it when the code decided to show me what an idiot I was.  The tape is surely buried in a box from one of my many office moves. 


For several years I'd play her cassette when I coded late into the night.  It seemed to give me a second wind.  

Recently I tried to remember the name of the singer on the tape.  Eventually a web search on some of guesses as to song titles turned up Nicollete Larson and the unhappy news that cancer had killed her.  
I'm posting this here, instead of on YouTube because comments are turned off.   (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_n_QkdulFqmEhPEWALNuzqjnh9o8rv2Nws)

No comments:

Blog Archive