A random mental walk.

Sunday, April 08, 2012

I'm So Behind the Times: Social Vending Machines

Stumbling through the May 16, 2011 hard copy edition of InformationWeek I found "Pepsi Takes Vending Machines Social".  Who knew?  Certainly not me.  It's amazing what I miss by not watching TV or listening to commercial media.  I seems that you can buy drinks as gifts for other people in the form of redeemable codes delivered via text messages.  It doesn't work in bars

Might this work in countries where corruption steals from the destitute?  the public-private key encryption probably figures into the authentication of the request.  If I can think of it, others must be working on it.

(I couldn't find the article on line, but this is similar: http://www.informationweek.com/news/internet/retail/229402472?cid=nl_IW_daily_2011-04-30_html.)

No comments:

Blog Archive