A random mental walk.

Saturday, April 03, 2021

Not a Typo

 So I'm reading along on MSN and suddenly there's a bizarre bit of text like the one below.  (I know there are no copy editors, so its not their fault.)

I eventually came to the conclusion that the odd text had been or was intended to be a hyperlink.

And that raises an interesting question.  Was it a technological fail?  Was the software which should have enclosed the text with a hypertext link faulty or, more intriguing was what I was seeing a screen scape automatically pasted from another story as text into a template?

I don't know, but just the fact that I've seen this multiple times indicates poor quality control.

The original story came from The Washington Post late on Friday night 4/2/2021 for those who want the original.






No comments:

Blog Archive