A random mental walk.

Monday, July 04, 2011

Blue or White? Believe the Text or the Image?

For no good reason I went to cars.com to look for a used Honda Civic. 
I tend to read which is why I noticed the mismatch between the description of the exterior color and the photograph.  (Of course, it could be something Orwellian: black is white, truth is fiction, or (your turn) _____ is _____ ).

I tried use the live chat feature to tell the used car dealer, but after a few minutes of "we'll be right with you" a message finally appeared telling me that they couldn't respond.  I have no doubt they were all home grilling and enjoying a tall frosty one, but I believe that years ago car dealers were open on the Fourth of July to "Deal.  Deal!  DEAL!!"

It is a commentary on our times left to the reader to interpret.

No comments:

Blog Archive