A random mental walk.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Vicky Tiel

Vicky Tiel's life story, as summarized in the NY Times article (August 19, 2011) reads like a novel loaded with sex, adventure, fame, and quotable lines: "I have a man.  I dress like this to show other women how to get one."

The NY Times article rightly says, "In between liaisons and her unlikely friendship with Ms. Taylor and Richard Burton, Ms. Tiel became the greatest designer you never heard of."  Certainly I don't think she ever crossed my radar.  (Not hard really.  When Us breathlessly reports that Sean is breaking up with Melissa or that Tiffany, Sam, and Fluffy are now a three-some I have no idea who they are.  If Tiel's name appeared in New York magazine I didn't note it.)

The article was occasioned by the publication of her book, “It’s All About the Dress: What I Learned in 40 Years About Men, Women, Sex, and Fashion”.

No comments:

Blog Archive